|Please access the program and latest news about the EFA 2016 Doctoral Tutorial here|
During the EFA 2016 Annual Meeting also give the opportunity for younger researchers to present their papers at the one-day EFA Doctoral Tutorial that will be held on Wednesday August 17th, 2016. This annual educational event is organized by the co-chairs, Gyöngyi Lóranth and Frans de Roon. These event is sponsored by Nasdaq Educational Foundation and the CQA.
Doctoral Tutorial Program
The EFA Doctoral Tutorial is held in a collaborative and friendly atmosphere. The selected papers will be distributed well in advance to facilitate lively discussions and questions from the student and faculty participants alike. To enhance the collegiality of the tutorial, participants are expected to attend to the entire event. In addition, a student whose paper is accepted for the Doctorial Tutorial is also expected to serve as a discussant for one of the papers. All participants will receive a certificate of participation for presenting their Papers at the EFA 2016 Doctoral Tutorial.
Thanks to the generosity of Nasdaq Educational Foundation, EFA is able to offer sponsorship possibilities to participants and observers coming from the CEE countries or other economically disadvantaged regions. Authors presenting at the Doctoral Tutorial will receive a free pass for the EFA 2016 Annual Meeting.
Authors of papers presented at the EFA 2016 Doctoral Tutorial will recieve a stipend of EUR 1000.- (For information on the best Doctoral Tutorial Paper Prizes, please see below)
Additionally as part of the Doctoral Tutorial event, all the participants are invited to a group dinner together with the faculty participants and the sponsors of this event. The dinner will take place the previous night on Tuesday August 16, 2016.
Please note that this is a closed session for PhD students selected by the co-chairs to present their research. (Interested observers must obtain permission in advance from the organizers in order to be admitted to this special session. Please contact the EFA Executive Secretary for more details.)
The Co-Chairs of the EFA 2016 Doctoral Tutorial are
Esther Eiling (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands) E [dot] Eiling [at] uva [dot] nl
Gyöngyi Lóranth (University of Vienna, Austria) gyoengyi [dot] loranth [at] univie [dot] ac [dot] at
Frans de Roon (Tilburg University, Netherlands) F [dot] A [dot] deRoon [at] uvt [dot] nl
For logistical questions, please contact the EIASM Administrative Coordinator:
Marion Hebbelynck, marion [dot] hebbelynck [at] eiasm [dot] be
For questions related to EFA, please contact the EFA Executive Secretary:
Ene Kannel, ene [dot] kannel [at] eiasm [dot] be
Best EFA Doctorial Tutorial Prizes
The best paper presented at the EFA 2016 Doctoral Tutorial will be recognized with the Best PhD Tutorial Paper Prize sponsored by the Nasdaq Educational Foundation. In addition, one of the presenters may be invited to present his/her work at the Chicago Quantitative Alliance (CQA) Fall Conference 2016 to be held in Chicago in September 2016.
Call for Papers- Doctoral Tutorial
|The submission is now closed. Thank you for your Submission to the EFA 2016 Annual Meeting|
We encourage doctoral students to submit papers or proposals by Tuesday February 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM (13:00hrs) CET (Central European Time).
Submitters are welcome to add one or two additional page(s) raising the conceptual and methodological problems they face at the current stage of their dissertation, which they would like to discuss during the tutorial. All topics and methodological approaches within the broad field of finance are welcome.
Preference will be shown for work that is substantially advanced but not fully completed. We consider only single-authored work by current PhD students who have not yet been in the job market, and who are planning to join the job market in 2016/2017 or later.
Guidelines for submission to the EFA 2016 Doctoral Tutorial
Phd students can choose to submit:
- to the Doctoral Tutorial, or
- to main conference. Please note that you CANNOT submit to both the Doctorial Tutorial and the main conference. Papers submitted to the main conference will NOT be considered for the Doctoral Tutorial. You therefore need to choose whether to submit to the Doctoral Tutorial or the main Conference. Should you decide to submit to the main conference, your paper will pass the same submission and review process as regular paper submissions. Please note that you are required to submit a completed paper, you will be asked to upload two files: anonymous (blind) and non-anonymous (including author information). Note that you do not need to provide your CV and letter from the advisor. To submit to the main conference visit our page www.efa2016.org
Before submitting, please note that:
- Each author is restricted to one submission: Either to Doctoral Tutorial or to main conference. Papers submitted to the main conference will NOT be considered for the Doctoral Tutorial.
- Co-authored papers will NOT be considered for the Doctoral Tutorial.
- All PhD students are asked to become 2016 EFA member to submit a paper. Papers submitted by non-EFA members are not eligible for the Doctoral Tutorial. For more information about EFA membership, please click here.
Please note that if you change idea and want to change option (from only Doctoral Tutorial to both main conference, and vice versa), you have to withdraw your contribution and re-submit. To access the Submission link, please click here.
1) Apply for or Renew your EFA membership
There is no submission fee to submit a paper. However, submitting authors are asked to subsribe or renew to the European Finance Association.
- To subscribe as a new member: use Oxford University Press (OUP) website.
- To renew your membership: use the renewal link that was sent to you by email.
For any inquiries regarding your membership fees, please contact OUP customer services atjnls [dot] cust [dot] serv [at] oup [dot] com ( )jnls [dot] cust [dot] serv [at] oup [dot] com, or on +44 (0)1865 353907.
2) Registration on the EFA 2016 management system
The submitting author will be asked to register on our event management platform ConfTool, by giving his/her personal information, contact details, and setting his/her personal account information.
Please note that each EFA Annual Meeting has a separate database. Therefore, you must create a new account on our system (although you may use the same username/password as you had on previous EFA sites if you wish).
3) Submission of a contribution
To submit a contribution, authors must follow three steps:
Step One – track choice
Select the "Doctoral Tutorial" track on ConfTool. In the subsequent submission form you can choose the appropiate topics for your contribution.
Step Two – contribution information
Information about the authors and the contribution:
- Author and emails
- Title of contribution
- Choose topic(s) from a given list on ConfTool
Step Three - Upload files
The contribution can be uploaded on ConfTool. Please note that authors can upload new versions up until the final deadline.
Submitting authors will be asked to upload three documents in .pdf format:
- Anonymous paper: the first page should include the title and the abstract but no references to the author.
- Student CV
- Letter from Advisor: letter of recommendation from your advisior on official institution letterhead.
Please note that the maximum file size is 10 megabytes.